Follow along with Ladybug Music® teacher Annie doing one of our favorite small movement songs.
“There was a little turtle.”
by Ladybug Music®
Listen to our song here:
Benefits of small movement:
- Music and movement activities have been shown to increase school readiness, as well as contributing to school success. Music and movement activities benefit concentration, memory, language, and influences decision-making abilities.
- When language is combined with movement, learning increases by 90%
- Physical activity helps your child’s brain in the areas of processing speed, focused attention, and attention span.
- In small movement songs, children learn patterns and sequencing which increases memory.
- Imaginations also increases through small movement. Having children act out swimming through puddles and climbing on rocks activates the parts of their brains that encourage visualization.